Banner

Banner
Banner

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nirvana

Nirvana is a grunge band that originated in Seattle.  It was formed by frontman Kurt Cobain.  Kurt Cobain had a daughter with Courtney Love, and named her Fances Cobain.  Cobain eventually shot himself with a shotgun, however there is much debate as to whether he killed himself or if Courtney Love played a role in it, or someone else.

Nirvana's music is generally slow, with light vocals in it.  But sometimes, the songs are fast and loud.  Notable songs by Nirvana include "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Heart-Shaped Box", and "In Bloom".  Rapper Lil Wayne has stated that Nirvana was one of his favorite artists, and that he liked the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and has used "In Bloom" in some of his MTV ads.

Nirvana's most popular album, "Nevermind" turned twenty about a week or two ago, it came out in September of 1991.  "Nevermind" brought Nirvana into the mainstream and most other grunge-rock bands as well.

2 comments:

Robby said...

When I was going through Youtube, I saw this music video that played Smells Like Teen Spirit . I have little experience with this band but I saw the mtv logo on the bottom rignt part. I don't watch MTV much, but in my opinion I thought the music video was pretty good. I am glad I ran to this blog.

Shade said...

I have really not heard of Nirvan but i might check it out one day.